- Merlot 2018
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair a supple Merlot with flavorful dishes; roasted, grilled or stewed.
- Try a hearty lamb and mushroom casserole,
- your favorite meatball parmesan
- or roasted pork loin with plum chutney.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, oak, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, smoky, chocolate
- Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn in 1976, with the intent of exclusively producing Bordeaux varieties in the Napa Valley, their eponymous winery became one of the first in California to focus on Merlot, sourcing fruit from seven estate vineyards, and several others spread throughout Napa's many micro-climates. Decoy, with its inaugural release in 1985, became Duckhorn's first spin off.
Write Your Own Review