Ornellaia e Masseto
- Le Volte dell' Ornellaia 2018
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match supple, superstar Tuscans with baked, grilled and roasted dishes.
- Try venison meatloaf with blackberry barbecue sauce,
- bistecca alla Fiorentina
- or crispy duck with fire-roasted plums.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, herbaceous, leather , red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, licorice
- With vineyards planted in 1981, wines produced in 1985 and a state-of-the-art winery built a couple of years later, Tenuta dell' Ornellaia was, some say, Lodovico Antinori's Super Tuscan response to his cousin Nicola Incisa's neighboring Sassicaia and his brother Piero Antinori's Solaia. Later owned by the Mondavis, the known-for their-Merlot estate is now owned by the Frescobaldis. The 2017 Le Volte is 67% Merlot.
Write Your Own Review