- Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé 2015
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Muscular
- Showcase a world class Bordeaux by pairing it with straightforward flavor and letting the wine shine.
- Ideal with a whole roasted duck or game hen,
- braised lamb shanks
- or pappardelle with a rabbit ragú.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, blackberry, chalk
- The 19th century combination of Chateaux Canon Boitd and La Gaffekiere-Boitard resulted the this respected estate's current moniker. Owned by the von Neipperg family since 1971 and managed by the dashingly mustachioed, Count Stephan, responsible not only for having the estate's status raised to Grand Cru Classé, but also for their conversion to organic viticulture. Wine Spectator's #2 wine of 2018.
Write Your Own Review