Vecchie Terre di Montefili
- Chianti Classico 2016
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Enjoy a stylish Chianti Classico with the meatier side of Tuscan-styled fare.
- Serve with bistecca alla Fiorentina,
- braised cannellini beans with grilled sausage
- or a lamb and artichoke stew.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, graphite, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, cherry, mineral
- Classically-styled Chianti from a recently upgraded property, Vecchie Terre di Montefili was in the hands of the Abbey of Passignano in the 1200's, fell into disrepair for centuries and was resuscitated by Roccaldo Acuti in the 1970's only to decline again with Acuti's failing health. Purchased by 3 US investors in 2015, they put 9 million into revitalizing the vineyards, barrel program and renovating the winery.
Write Your Own Review