Chateau de la Roulerie
- Rosé d'Anjou 2018
- Grolleau, Gamay
- > Loire
- Rose, Touch Sweet, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- A juicy and slightly off-dry Rosé d'Anjou can handle spice, tang and zest.
- A fantastic match for a mid-week pad thai,
- lemon-tarragon chicken salad
- or grilled swordfish steaks topped with salsa verde.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, cherry, floral, strawberry jam
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, raspberry, strawberry, black cherry
- Produced by the affable Philippe Germain, from his family estate in the Layon, Roulerie's take on a traditional rosé d'Anjou stays true to the recipe: wonderfully aromatic, vivaciously fruited and gently crisp on the finish. Perfectly off-dry. The Germain's purchased the chateau from the estimable pastry chef, Gaston Lenôtre, in 1996 and since then, things have been as sweet as cake.
Write Your Own Review