Hermann J. Wiemer
- Gewürztraminer 2019
- U.S.A. > New York
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Pair spicy and aromatic whites with intensely flavored dishes.
- Match with smoked trout and mussels in lemongrass broth,
- a caramelized onion, goat cheese and leek tart
- or creamy chicken tikka masala.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, off-dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, roses, lychee, spicy
- After a stint at an iconic winery in the Finger Lakes in the early ‘70’s, Hermann Wiemer vowed to never work with new world hybrid grapes again, concentrating on the vinifera varieties native to his homeland, Germany. The result: decades of award winning Rieslings and Gewürztraminers. In ‘07 he sold the winery to his winemaker Fred Merwath and Oskar Bynke. Vinifera men, too.
Write Your Own Review