Terrazas de los Andes
- Malbec Reserva 2017
- Argentina > Mendoza
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Malbecs need more than steak to keep them happy.
- Start with duck confit and red onion jam on toast,
- then braised lamb shanks with blackberry compote.
- Finish up with Ghanaian dark chocolate.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, plum, blackberry, chocolate
- Moët & Chandon made its first investment in Argentina in the late 50's, looking for a new (and less expensive) region to produce premium sparkling wine. It wasn't until decades later that they took advantage of Mendoza's richest resource; old-vine Malbec. The grapes for Terrazas' Reserva are harvested from both the Uco Valley and Lujan de Cuyo and aged in French oak for a year.
Write Your Own Review