Viñedos de Paganos
- Rioja Gran Reserva El Puntido 2006
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Muscular
- A Rioja with a bit of barrel and bottle age is best complimented by savory, long-cooked dishes.
- Pair with braised lamb shanks
- or a roasted game hen.
- Adventurers will try stewed duck on a bed of lentils.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, smoky, tea
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, leather , black fruits, coffee
- A Jorge Ordoñez Selection, Viñedos de Paganos, a modern winery with an old-school feel was founded in 1998 by the Eguren family and is part Sierra Cantabria's holdings. ¿Confuso? The grapes for their El Puntido are sourced from 1970's era vineyards, fermented in open-top vats with indigenous yeast, then transferred to new French barriques for just over two years. An unusually burly, well-muscled Gran Reserva.
Write Your Own Review