- Sauternes 2013
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Fruity, Rich
- It all depends.
- When the wallet is bulging, pair with foie gras and Monte Anebro.
- Dinner with friends? Try lobster salad and Valdeon.
- Spent all your money on the wine? A peach and some cheese straws.
Nose: Intense, developing, citrus fruits, orange blossoms, stone fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, endless finish, peach, fig
- The first of the Premier Cru Sauternes to embrace organic farming, Chateau Guiraud, under the guidance of Xavier Planty, was certified with the 2011 vintage. The only chateau whose vines are located entirely in the commune of Sauternes, they ferment and mature their wines in mostly new oak. Guiraud is also the only Premier Cru with as much as 35% Sauvignon Blanc in their cuvée.
Write Your Own Review