- Blaufrankisch 2017
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Serve spicy, yet supple reds with straightforward flavors.
- Pair with roasted chicken, duck or salmon,
- grilled tuna, sautéed vegetables, braised lamb
- or cured and smoked meats from pork to pastrami.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blueberry, mineral
- A project started in 2012 by Wolfgang Peck of Winzkeller Andau and Josef Umathum of Weingut Umathum, Zantho was developed to produce classically-styled wines from indigenous Austrian grapes purchased either from the principals estates or from local cooperatives; all of which would showcase the wines' regional identities. The Pannonian woodland lizard as their symbol is another story altogether.
Write Your Own Review