- Crozes-Hermitage Basatus 2017
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Hearty
- Pair an herb-tinged and peppery Syrah with roasted, grilled or long-cooked, meaty dishes.
- Go for brazenly braised short ribs,
- tzatziki-topped lamb burgers
- or gorgonzola-roasted mushrooms and onions.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, herbaceous, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, black pepper, olives
- Located a touch south of Tain l'Hermitage, the Darnaud family founded their domaine with less than 4 acres of vineyards in 2001. Today, they can count over 35, scattered throughout the towns of La Roche de Glun, Pont de l'Isere and Mercurol in Crozes-Hermitage. For their Basatus cuvée, they vinify all their plots separately, aging the wines in demi-muids and barrels for nearly a year before blending. EXCLUSIVE
Write Your Own Review