- Clairet 2018
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- France > Bordeaux
- Rose, Dry, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Whether you treat it as a long-macerated rosé or chillable red, a Bordeaux Clairet compliments fresh flavors at the table.
- Go for grilled flank steak,
- chicken souvlaki
- or salmon with tomatoes and leeks.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, red currant, red plum, raspberry
- Neither really rosé nor truly red, Bordeaux Clairet gets to star in a category of vinous obscurity. Typically produced from all or mostly Merlot, this long-macerated wine retains the freshness of rosé while incorporating the some of the structure and tannins of a red. Indeed, Chateau Penin produces a pale pink rosé and a variety of fleshy reds in addition to its archaic and arcane, chillable thirst quencher.
Write Your Own Review