- Moulis en Medoc 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pair a classically-styled Bordeaux with meaty fare, be it roasted, grilled or sautéed.
- Try a pan-seared veal steak with caramelized onions,
- baby lamb chops with rosemary
- or melt-in-your-mouth brisket.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cedar, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, black cherry, mint
- Perched at one of the highest elevations in the Medoc, Patrick Meynard's two estates, Chateau Pomeys and neighboring Chateau Laladey a Moulis both share a similar soil in their vineyards: intense and deep gravel, helping to form wines of great minerality. A 50-50 blend of Cabernet and Merlot, the grapes for Chateau Pomeys see extended skin maceration and a year's aging in French oak; 1/3 new.
Write Your Own Review