Chateau de Marsan
- Cotes de Bordeaux 2009
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair bottle-aged Bordeaux with strong, simple flavors.
- Perfect with roasted lamb, veal or venison.
- Joyous with braised guinea fowl, duck breast or rabbit.
- Awesome with aged Gouda, Gruyere and Manchego.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, earthy, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, smoky, black cherry
- A 17th century estate that was acquired through marriage by the Marsan family in 1630, this property, with its prestigious southwest facing hillside vineyards overlooking the Garonne river in Cadillac, was purchased by the Gonfrier family in 1962 and is one of the stars in their universe of Bordeaux offerings. The 2009 was tank fermented and aged in both new and used oak for a year before bottling. EXCLUSIVE.
Write Your Own Review