- Aglianico Irpinia 2017
- Italy > Campagna
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Hearty
- Structured and savory, match an Aglianico with richly flavored, meaty dishes.
- Braised beef cheeks with onion confit,
- grilled skirt steak with a smoky red chimichurri
- or stewed rabbit with olives and rosemary.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, red fruits, smoky, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, cooking spices, black currant, black cherry
- Managed by Ilaria Petitto and her mother, Chiara (the granddaughter of winery namesake), this family-owned estate in Avellino's Montefalcione traces its vineyard ownership back over 150 years. After modernizing in 2005, Donnachiara also updated their environmental impact; farming sustainably, recycling water and using solar power. They are the only agricultural company in Irpinia to be listed as eco-sustainable.
Write Your Own Review