- Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2015
- Italy > Abruzzo
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match a Montepulciano with comfort food; at a midweek meal or a full-on family supper.
- Perfect with bowls of hearty, red-sauced pasta,
- roasted chicken and potatoes
- or braised dishes like brisket or flanken.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cherry, earthy, floral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black currant, black cherry
- Founded in the 19th century by Andrea Pandolfo, the roots of this family winery began in Pantelleria, the tiny island southwest of Sicily in the Mediterranean. Selling his vineyards and moving the family to Tunisia in 1880, they made quality wines until 1964 when the Tunisian president dispossessed all foreigner's properties. By 1968 this resilient family was making wine in Lazio. KOSHER.
Write Your Own Review