- Chablis Vieilles Vignes 2015
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Saline and mineral-rich, Chablis makes a perfect partner to seafood and fish dishes.
- Pair with a mix 'n match plate of the world's finest oysters,
- broiled trout with a lemon-cream sauce
- or sautéed scallops.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, flint, green apple, lemon
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, citrus fruits, green apple, mineral
- Sourcing from all four corners of the Chablis appellation, Jean-Claude Bessin employs hand-harvesting and wild yeast fermentation of the fruit from his (and his wife's) 12 hectares of 40-50 year old vines, followed by a 15-18 month elevage. Working previously as an architect, Bessin took over his father-in-law's vineyards, steering them away from the co-op to estate bottling.
Write Your Own Review