Folias de Baco
- Uivo PT NAT Curtido
- Moscatel Galego
- Portugal > Douro
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Match a fizzy, skins-on white with boldly flavored dishes.
- Try a smoked trout salad with grapefruit and avocado,
- a Goan fish curry, pescado adobado
- or Thai-style vegetables stir-fried with ginger and lime.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, mineral, tropical fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, grapefruit, apricot
- Tiago Sampaio, known for his mineral-rich, high altitude Pinot Noirs, received his PhD in Viticulture from Oregon State (Go Beavers.) His other fave grape is Moscatel Galego (Muscat a Petit Grains.) For Curtido PT NAT, partially de-stemmed grapes are macerated for 4 months in giant cement tanks, begin their fermentation spontaneously, then finish it in a beer-capped bottle. No filtration. Just unfeigned fizz.
Write Your Own Review