Château des Rontets
- Pouilly-Fuissé Clos Varambon 2017
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Pair Pouilly-Fuissé with rich fish, poultry or cheese dishes.
- Serve with chicken breasts simmered in a cream sauce,
- skate with brown butter
- or a salad tossed with grilled salmon and tangy goat cheese.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cedar, crushed stones, herbaceous, orchard fruit
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, green apple, chalk
- Farmed organically from post 1945 vines, fermented with natural yeast in 3000L oak vats and aged in used French oak for nearly 2 years, Rontet's Clos Varambon is finished without fining, only a light filtration and minimal added sulfur by former architects, Fabio Montrasi and his wife Claire Gazeau, whose family has owned the walled vineyards surrounding the chateau since 1850.
Write Your Own Review