Catherine & Pierre Breton
- Bourgueil Trinch! 2014
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire Valley
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Try serving lighter Loire reds slightly chilled. Twenty minutes in the fridge will do.
- Grill a whole red snapper and a pile of vegetables,
- then drizzle with an herbed vinaigrette
- or pan-sear some rabbit.
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, cherry, earthy, floral
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black currant, black cherry
- Catherine and Pierre Breton produce Cabernet Franc uncompromisingly. They practice biodynamic agriculture, use minimal sulfur, employ indigenous yeasts and bottle unfiltered. On the Paris bistro/wine bar circuit, they’re rock stars. Weirdly, the local Loire slang for Cab Franc is Breton. While Trinch means clink, which is what you should do repeatedly with your glass.
Write Your Own Review