Catherine & Pierre Breton
- Vouvray Sec la Dilettante 2016
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- A zesty Chenin can solve all your wine pairing issues.
- Match with steamed lobster or sautéed scallops,
- apricot-stuffed pork loin or lemon-creamed chicken
- and almond-stuffed dates with Cabrales.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, flint, honey, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, low-medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, pear, green apple, mineral
- Minimal interventionists, the Bretons made their bones with Cabernet Franc (Chinon, Bourgueil) and have only recently, as Catherine's pet project, began exploring Chenin Blanc. Organic, biodynamic and culled from 50 year old vines, her Vouvray sees no malolactic fermentation, has only a gentle press and is produced entirely in steel. Beguilingly crisp and delicious.
Write Your Own Review