- Cabernet Sauvignon 40th Anniversary Edition 2012
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match Cabernet's inky intensity with meaty, concentrated flavors.
- Okay steak lover, go to town: ribeye, churrasco, NY strip.
- Grilled or pan-seared.
- Vegetarian? Skip straight to the cheese course.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, oak, vanilla
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, creme de cassis, licorice, chocolate
- The Wagner family has been producing Caymus Cabernet in the Napa Valley since 1972, with the grapes for their benchmark wine being first planted in the mid 1960’s. Chuck Wagner took over the winemaking duties from his legendary father Charlie in 1984. Culled from 25% prime hillside fruit and matured in French oak, this limited bottling honors 40 years of Cabernet commitment.
Write Your Own Review