- Cabernet Sauvignon Special Selection 2013
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Rich
- Match full-blown Napa Cabernets with strong, simple flavors.
- Try a crown roast of lamb with oregano and rosemary,
- venison chops in a blackberry compote
- or cheese-stuffed, balsamic-grilled portobellos.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Intense, developing, black currant, licorice, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, black currant, licorice, oak
- The Wagner family has been producing Caymus Cabernet in the Napa Valley since 1972, with the grapes for their benchmark wine being first planted in the mid 1960’s. Chuck Wagner took over the winemaking from his legendary father, Charlie, in 1984. Culled from 25% hillside fruit and aged in French oak, Special Selection is the apex of Cabernet from a winery known for just that.
Write Your Own Review