Cellers Can Blau
- Mas de Can Blau 2010
- Carignan, Grenache, Syrah
- Spain > Catalonia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match massive, macro-Monsants with mouthwatering morsels of meaty meats.
- Oxtails braised with chorizo seems a natural,
- as does slow-roasted lamb shanks.
- Anybody for wild boar goulash?
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cedar, coffee, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, smoky, blueberry, black cherry
- Team Bottlerocket nagged for this massive Monsant for months. Having the Gil Family's mid-tier Can Blau on the shelf wasn't enough for them. They needed Aussie winemaker Liz Reed's unfiltered, glass-staining, 20 months in new French oak, mega-monster to sell. In the press, the '10 Mas has been called spicy and forthright. Just like our Bottlerockers.
Write Your Own Review