- Pinot Noir Estate 2011
- Pinot Noir
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match ripe and ready Pinot Noirs with roasted meats and long-simmered dishes.
- Perfect with venison or rack of lamb.
- A great partner to squab or duck
- and fast friends with grilled portobellos.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, mineral, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, raspberry, black cherry
- Founded in the 1970's by Fred Furth and now a tendril of Bill Foley's Family Wines, a group of over 50 wines and spirits, Chalk Hill's holdings number nearly 300 planted acres of super-prime Sonoma vineyards. Somehow, they still run things as a family farm, utilizing sustainable viticulture. A Chardonnay specialist, 2011 marked the inaugural release of their RRV Pinot Noir.
Write Your Own Review