- Chardonnay 2010
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match mineral-rich Monterey Chardonnays with fleshy fish, sauced seafood and light meats.
- Try seared scallops in a morel cream,
- lemon-thyme roasted chicken
- or salmon with tarragon mayonnaise.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, pear, green apple
- Perched at 1800 feet above the Salinas Valley, a setting made famous by Monterey-born John Steinbeck in Tortilla Flat, grape growing on what is now Chalone Vineyard property started just after WWI. Philip Togni made wine there in 1960 and 5 years later, Dick Graf laid the stones for what is now 1000 contiguous, limestone-rich acres, 250 of which are plated to vines.
Write Your Own Review