- Merlot The Velvet Devil 2015
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pair ripe Merlots with full-flavored and richly textured dishes.
- Try a filet mignon topped with a crumble of gorgonzola,
- peppered duck breasts with wild mushrooms
- or a container of takeout mu shu.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, herbaceous, licorice
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, vegetal, blackberry, blueberry
- The wines of Charles Smith's Modernist Project offer up oddly contrasting, black & white credos: "To create wines to be enjoyed now, but with typicity in regards to variety" and "It's just booze. Drink it." With The Velvet Devil, Smith somehow manages to incorporate layered complexities, waves of flavors within his trademark sybaritic, full-throttle approach. Hell, yeah!
Write Your Own Review