Charles Smith Wines
- Royal City Syrah 2008
- U.S.A. > Washington
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match hedonistic Syrahs with unrestrained dishes.
- Try with molasses and coffee glazed short ribs,
- bacon-wrapped venison with onion-mushroom ragout
- or grilled sweet-chili lamb chops.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, bacon fat, blueberry, olives
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, black fruits, herbaceous, meat
- Robert Parker's Wine Advocate opined: "... it deftly marries power and elegance in a seamless wine that should see its 20th birthday in peak form." Wine Enthusiast threw around, "Huge, dense and seemingly endless...", while the Spectator rang in with, "savory", "velvety" and "rolls along unimpeded." Winemaker Charles Smith just refers to his own wines as "kick ass."
Write Your Own Review