- Saint-Georges Saint-Emilion 2016
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair a supple, satellite Saint-Emilion with roasted, grilled or long-cooked savory dishes.
- Great with chicken, duck or game birds.
- Match with meatballs, meat loaf or meat pies.
- Mushroom-lentil stew, too.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, oak, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black currant, licorice
- Owned and managed by the Corre-Macquin family, pretty much royalty in the Saint-Georges Saint-Emilon region, Chateau Bellone was founded by Albert Macquin (Ch. Pavie-Macquin), who first forwarded the idea of grafting vines onto American rootstock after Bordeaux's phylloxera epidemic; thereby saving much of the regions vineyards, if not most of Europe's. The Bellone wines are produced from 35 year old vines.
Write Your Own Review