Chateau Clos Haut-Peyraguey
- Sauternes 2005
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Indispensable with foie gras and ubiquitous with Stilton, why not try a different route to revel in the glories of Sauternes.
- Lobster salad on basil linguine,
- curried crab
- or chicken and apricot tagine will do.
Nose: Intense, developing, honey, lemon, stone fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, pear, spicy
- This historic Premier Cru Classé property started life as an 18th century baronnie, then as Pichard-Lafaurie. Split in two in 1879, Lafaurie-Peyraguey was created on the lower slopes and Clos Haut-Peyraguey the upper. With a cuvée of 95% Semillon, the 2005 offering was aged for 18 months in 50% new French oak. A wine to enjoy now, in five years or even ten. Classic and timeless.
Write Your Own Review