Chateau de Beaucastel
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2019
- Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah,Cinsault...
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Muscular
- A natural with festive meals, pair a Chateauneuf-du-Pape with meaty dishes and roasted fare.
- Match with birds like squab, pheasant and game hen.
- Try venison, lamb or veal chops.
- Beef bourguignon, too.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, medium-long finish, black fruits, forest floor, gamey
- While the Beaucastel name dates back to 1549 in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, their influence in the wine world doesn't pick up until the Perrin family acquired it in 1909. Farming organically, now biodynamically, for over 50 years, they ferment all of the 13 allowable CNP grapes, some parcels in oak, some in cement, and age the blend in huge foudres for a year before botling. Old school, benchmark and terrifically good.
Write Your Own Review