Chateau de Bern
- Sainte-Croix du Mont 2010
- Semillon, Muscadelle
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- In the pot or in the glass, sweet Bordeaux makes the commonplace special.
- Reduce a little and sauce your duck breast.
- Up end a bottle and poach some apricots
- or chill a glass and do dessert right.
Eyes: Pale Yellow-Green
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, honeysuckle, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, apricot, peach
- Lurking in the shadows of top-dog Sauternes (in the shadows of Barsac, Loupiac and Cadillac too), lies the tiny village of Sainte-Croix du Mont, a town known more for its legendary oyster bed than its 450 hectares of vineyards, cultivated since Roman times. The limestone-rich soil, coupled with favorable conditions for botrytised grapes make for exceptional (and long-lived) wines.
Write Your Own Review