Chateau de la Maltroye
- Chassagne-Montrachet 2018
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Pair a layered white Burgundy with richly textured, but simply stated flavors.
- Start with salmon tartare,
- then an oyster soup with frizzled leeks.
- Finish with veal scallopini in a lemon-caper cream.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, nutty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, orange blossoms, stone fruits, butterscotch
- Acquired in 1940 by the Cournut family, Maltroye's 18th century chateau sits atop a 15th century cellar. Over 75% of their current estate vineyards came with the purchase. After being handed the reigns by his father, Andre, Jean-Pierre Cournut keeps chemicals to a minimum. The farming is organic, but lutte raisonée. Their wines are classically styled, mineral-rich and broadly balanced.
Write Your Own Review