Chateau de la Maltroye
- Chassagne-Montrachet Dent de Chien 2006
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match the mineral-rich complexity of a top-flight Chassagne with firm, straight-forward flavors on the table.
- Seared scallops, baked monkfish,
- grilled turbot
- or chicken (or veal) in a cream sauce.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, citrus fruits, floral, wet stones
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, lemon, pear, mineral
- Acquired in 1940 by the Cournut family, Maltroye's 18th century chateau sits atop a 15th century cellar. Over 75% of their current estate vineyards came with the purchase. After being handed the reigns by his father, Andre, Jean-Pierre Cournut keeps chemicals to a minimum, and ages his Premier Crus in 65-95% new oak. The tiny Dent de Chien vineyard abuts the Grand Cru La Montrachet.
Write Your Own Review