Chateau de la Roulerie
- Chenin Blanc 2013
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Super-versatile Chenin loves everything from fish & fowl to fruits & veggies.
- Match with a piquant pumpkin curry,
- pan-seared scallops over pasta
- or baked chicken breasts in a pear-cream sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, slate, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, quince, pear, mineral
- With the estate dating back to the 11th century and the chateau built mid-15th, Roulerie's terraced vineyards really come to relevance in a more recent time. In 1996, winemaker Philippe Germain's father, Bernard (of the Bordeaux Germain-Sancrits), purchased Roulerie from famed chef Gaston Lenotre and they started producing stunning examples of old-vine Chenin.
Write Your Own Review