Chateau de la Roulerie
- Chenin Sec les Terrasses 2014
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Serve barrel-aged Chenins with richly sauced and fruit-enhanced dishes.
- Try a dried-fruit stuffed pork loin,
- pan-seared scallops over pasta
- or baked chicken breasts in a pear-cream sauce.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, biscuit, honeysuckle, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, pear, red apple, fig
- With the estate dating back to the 11th century and the chateau built mid 15th, Roulerie's terraced vineyards really come to relevance in a more recent time. In 1996, winemaker Philippe Germain's father, Bernard (of the Bordeaux Germain-Sancrits), purchased Roulerie from famed chef Gaston Lenotre and they started producing stunning examples of old-vine Chenin.
Write Your Own Review