Chateau de la Roulerie
- Coteaux du Layon 2017
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Late harvest Chenin rules!
- Start with some gorgonzola-stuffed arancini di riso
- and finish with an ice cream-topped apricot tart.
- In between, you can get all fancy with a foie gras and truffle-packed roast quail.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, orange blossoms, apricot, peach
- Produced by the affable Philippe Germain, from his family estate in Layon, the biodynamically farmed, hand-picked grapes for Roulerie's late harvest (10% botrytised) Chenin Blanc are fermented and aged in 600 liter, 2-3 year old barrels for a year. The Germain's purchased the chateau from the estimable pastry chef, Gaston Lenôtre, in 1996 and since then, things have been as sweet as cake.
Write Your Own Review