Chateau de Lavernette
- Granit Brut Nature NV
- France > Burgundy
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Grab a Granit (or 3) and drink it all day long.
- With galette complète for breakfast,
- a creamy potato-leek soup and lobster salad for lunch,
- and a Thai green curry with crisply fried spring rolls for dinner.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, chalk, red fruits, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, strawberry, apricot, mineral
- Straddling the crossroads of Beaujolais and the Mâconnais, Chateau de Lavernette, a 400+ year-old family-owned property, is run by Xavier de Boisseau and his oenologist wife, Kerry (née O'Brien.) Converted to biodynamics in 2006, they keenly produce everything from Beaujolais to Pouilly-Fuisse, but the hidden gem is a zero dosage Cremant made from 100% granite-grown Gamay.
Write Your Own Review