Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet
- Chevalier-Montrachet 2004
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match elegantly textured Grand Crus with the same at the table.
- Pair with bay scallops in puff pastry with lobster cream,
- roasted squab with foie gras and morels
- or roasted veal sweetbreads.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, flint, green apple, lemon
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, intense, long finish, green apple, mineral, wet stones
- Who better to reinvigorate a slumping, bank-owned icon than a former banker? That's just what happened when the de Montille family purchased Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet from Credit Foncier and, in 2002, Etienne de Montille quit finance and set about restoring glory by moving the winery into biodynamic practices and reducing yields and oak content. Good move.
Write Your Own Review