Chateau de Veyres
- Sauternes 2009
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Got Sauternes? You've got myriad pairing choices.
- Serve with marzipan cookies or almond tarts,
- luscious peach or apple cobbler.
- Savor with a wedge of Roquefort or Maytag blue.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, apricot, honeysuckle, orange blossoms
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, lemon, peach, honey
- French tax inheritance laws forced them to sell the esteemed Chateau Suduiraut in 2001, so the Mercadier family bought the adjacent property, Chateau de Veyres, with its walled vineyards of 50-100 year old vines. After as many as 8 passes in the vineyard, the "noble rot" affected grapes are tank fermented and aged for 18 months in new French oak. C’est classique!
Write Your Own Review