Chateau de Viaud-Lalande
- Lalande-de-Pomerol 2012
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Plump and rich, match full-flavored Pomerol with game, game birds and rustic cheeses.
- Ideal with a roasted duck breast,
- venison with a blackberry reduction
- or a super-juicy mushroom-Gouda burger.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, leather
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, cedar
- Much like the relationship between Pomerol and its satellite appellation of Lalande-de-Pomerol, there are similarities between the wonderful wines of Chateau de Viaud and the terrific 2011 release of its confusingly, almost identically named neighbor, Chateau de Viaud-Lalande. Supple Merlot dominates, with aromatic Cabernet Franc filling out the flavorful blend.
Write Your Own Review