- Pauillac 2009
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair a classic Bordeaux with simple, but robust flavors.
- Serve with steak au poive, gigot d'agneau
- or magret de canard.
- A chunk of aged Gouda and a crusty loaf makes for a tasty late night pairing too.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cedar, floral, forest floor
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, plum, smoky, licorice
- Purchased by the Rothschild family in 1962, this historic 4th growth has gone through major renovations in the ensuing 50+ years, growing from 40 acres under vine to 185. Managed by the same team as sister Pauillac, Lafite-Rothschild, traditional methods rule here, from coopering their own barrels to fining with (vegan alert) egg whites. Approachable now, but also ageble.
Write Your Own Review