- Sauternes 2011
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- It all depends.
- When the wallet is bulging, pair with foie gras and Monte Anebro.
- Dinner with friends? Try lobster salad and Valdeon.
- Spent all your money on the wine? A peach and some cheese straws.
Nose: Intense, developing, citrus fruits, orange blossoms, stone fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, endless finish, carmelized, honeysuckle, apricot, fig
- The first of the Premier Cru Sauternes to embrace organic farming, Chateau Guiraud, under the guidance of Xavier Planty, was certified with the 2011 vintage. With vines averaging 40 years of age, their wines ferment and mature in mostly new oak. The only Premier Cru with as much as 35% Sauvignon Blanc in their cuvée, the 2011 was named Wine Spectator's #12 Wine of 2014.
Write Your Own Review