Chateau la Bonnelle
- Saint Emilion Grand Cru 2015
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Serve rich, Merlot-based Bordeaux with roasted or long-cooked dishes.
- Start with terrine de canard aux figues,
- then dark meat turkey and a hearty shiitake casserole.
- Finish the bottle with a wedge of Reblochon.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cherry, cinnamon, vanilla
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, plum, blackberry, earthy
- Owned for generations by the Sulzer family, Chateau la Bonnelle organically farms its 30+ acres of vines, most of which are over 40 years old. They age their wine for 18 months in oak, some of which comes from the Sulzer's own trees, grown on a family estate in Dordogne. La Bonnelle has received praise from Oz Clarke, Decanter and won Gold at the Concours de Paris.
Write Your Own Review