Chateau la Croix Chantecaille
- Saint-Emilion 2006
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match fragrant and earthy Bordeaux with roasted dishes and long-cooked stews.
- Pair with a plum-sauced griddled duck breast,
- a savory casserole of mushrooms
- or rosemary-braised lamb shanks.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, leather , tobacco
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black currant, herbaceous, chocolate
- A stone's throw from the Pomerol border, this Grand Cru's neighbors are Cheval Blanc and Gazin. Family owned for nearly a century and a half, this 20 acre vineyard sidles up to Chateau Petrus,not 200 meters away. With winemaking by Jean-Philippe Fort (of Michel Rolland's crew), half the fruit for la Croix Chantecaille is aged for a year in new oak. Truly first-rate.
Write Your Own Review