Chateau La Roulerie
- Coteaux du Layon Chaume 2009
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Late harvest Chenin rules!
- If you can pull it off, try a roasted quail stuffed with foie gras and truffles. Seriously, try it.
- Otherwise, blue-veined cheeses
- or an ice cream-topped apricot tart will do just fine.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, apricot, honey, pear
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, medium-long finish, quince, fig, biscuit
- On steep slopes above the river Layon, Chenin blanc grapes glisten in the morning mist and bask in the warmth of the afternoon sun; the ideal setting for botrytis cinerea (noble rot.) The resulting wine, aged in 400 liter casks for a year, is one of immense sugar concentration and intense flavors, but balanced by vibrant acidity. The Germain family knows how to do it right.
Write Your Own Review