Chateau La Roulerie
- Coteaux du Layon L'Orangerie 2014
- Chenin Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Late harvest Chenin rules!
- Try roasted quail stuffed with foie gras and truffles. No, seriously. Try it.
- Otherwise, gorgonzola-stuffed arancini di riso
- or an ice cream-topped apricot tart will do just fine.
Nose: Intense, developing, citrus fruits, stone fruits, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium Bodied, sweet, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, quince, peach, honey
- On steep slopes above the river Layon, Chenin Blanc grapes glisten in the morning mist and bask in the warmth of the afternoon sun; the ideal setting for botrytis cinerea (noble rot.) The resulting wine, aged in 400 liter casks for 6 months, is one of immense sugar concentration and intense flavors, but balanced by vibrant acidity. The Germain family knows how to do it right.
Write Your Own Review