Chateau La Tour Blanche
- Sauternes 2009
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- The quintessential partner for foie gras, Sauternes also compliments sweet, salty and savory dishes.
- Try with slices of cured country ham,
- roast duck a l'orange
- or a naked chunk of creamy Roquefort.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, almond, fig, stone fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, peach, honey
- Ranked 1er Cru, just below d'Yquem, in the 1855 classification, La Tour Blanche's storied history picks up during the ownership of noted philanthropist, Daniel Iffla, who donated the chateau to the government in 1911 under the condition that a wine school be created on the property. The school is still in operation and every bottle label is marked with "Donation Osiris", Iffla's nickname.
Write Your Own Review