Chateau la Vieille Cure
- Fronsac 2012
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Serve classically-styled Bordeaux with roasted meats and game birds.
- Try a pan-seared breast of duck with cassis compote,
- rib steak for two
- or oven-roasted capon with sage stuffing.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black cherry, creme de cassis, earthy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, black fruits, licorice, forest floor
- Tucked into the southeast corner of the appellation, nearby to Pomerol and hard-fast to St. Emilion, Chateau la Vieille Cure is one of the emerging stars of a region on the rebound; Fronsac. Purchased in 1986 by Colin Ferenbach and Peter Sachs, the winery now employs modern enrichment methods like micro-bullage, yet still produces exceptionally classic Bordeaux.
Write Your Own Review