- Sauternes 2005
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Indispensable with foie gras and ubiquitous with Stilton, why not try a different route to revel in the glories of Sauternes.
- Lobster salad on basil linguine,
- curried crab
- or chicken and apricot tagine will do.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, quince, apricot, honey
- This historic Premier Cru Classé property started life as an 18th century baronnie, then as Pichard-Lafaurie. Split into two estates in 1879, Clos Haut-Peyraguey was created on the upper slope and Lafaurie-Peyraguey on the lower. Their 90 acres of sustainably-farmed vineyards, are planted to the same silica-gravel soil as neighbor d'Yquem and average around 40 years of age. Classic.
Write Your Own Review